This week marked the official beginning of Spring, hurrah! and I’ve finally been able to swap my Winter essentials print for Spring essentials! For a few years now I’ve had these beautiful watercolour illustrations by the very talented Emily from Jones Design Company and I love to use them as a focal point in seasonal displays.
I follow Emily’s blog avidly; her style exudes effortless sophistication. You’ll find so much creativity and inspiration on all aspects of daily life, well worth a visit!
I’ve been rearranging and swapping a few accessories over the past few weeks to welcome in the new season and I was so happy about the reappearance of my cute little Pip Studio trinket!
I bought it last year from Homesense for £1.99. It has the most adorable little bird’s nest motif at the bottom and that itsy bitsy gold scallop detailing around the rim!? It makes me so happy! I’ve since bought a few more Pip Studio accessories including a vase and some cushions. They really are a beautiful brand and sell the prettiest porcelain I’ve ever seen!
I’ve also been doing some Spring cleaning here at No.49 and I don’t know about you, but Spring cleaning always turns into Spring shopping for me! To celebrate the new season I’ve put together a few of my favourite Spring buys, so feast your eyes on some seasonal lovelies from some of my best-loved companies and retailers, enjoy!
1. After some Spring baking (I’m thinking carrot cake and yellow-frosted cupcakes?) display your kitchen utensils in this pretty holder. Walton Rose utensil holder, Cath Kidston £10
2. Welcome in the season with style by sipping out of this pretty mug which is both microwave and dishwasher safe! ‘ Hello Spring‘ floral mug, £5 Matalan
3. Refresh your sofa this Spring with this adorable cushion. The pom poms are such lovely addition too! Spring lamb cushion, £6 Asda
4. Place this cute and affordable bunny ornament next to a vase of flowers for a quick and easy Spring display in your home. Bunny ornament, £5 Asda
5. This egg cup with certainly brighten up breakfast time! Yellow Wallflower egg cup, Emma Bridgewater £9.95
6. Just because it’s quite possibly the cutest mug I’ve seen! Fill with chocolate eggs and wrap with clear cellophane for an Easter gift. Bunny mug, £4 Matalan
7. Bring the scents of Spring into your home with Yankee’s new seasonal fragrance. Happy Spring large candle, £19.99 Yankee Candle
8. Make your Spring cleaning ‘to-do’ list using some stylish stationery. Great Things notepad, £8 Rifle Paper Co.